Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Well I have not written in awhile, so I figured I needed to.
Let's see. First I suppose I will start with talking about going off to college.
It is just around the corner, 32 days to be exact.
I have already started to pack and buy things for up in Idaho.
I just keep getting more and more excited to start this new adventure.
Granted, I will miss my dearest Mommy and Daddy who have been my everything,
but that is just part of growing up, and I know that they are excited for me to have amazing experiences at BYU.

So, another topic to talk about, the week before I leave for school, I am going to my last year of GIRL'S CAMP!
It is going to be an absolute blast!
We had a J.C. sleepover last weekend, and a couple of the other girls and I decided (by accident) to pull an all nighter.
Before hand I knew of these girls, had smiled at them before, and maybe ran into them at some church functions, but after our all night discussion session, we really got to know each other and hear each other's stories.
And I just have to say that it is so great to hear about other people's lives and about the struggles and trials that they have been through.
It has always been easy for me to look at a person and immediately think, 
"Oh I wouldn't like her, because she is probably like ..or..."
So I always keep my distance from people I don't know.
All night I was kind of doing that, because I was surrounded by girls that I didn't really "know"
So finally the time came for us to go to bed and what not, and one girl that I know better than the others waved at me to follow her and her friends.
So I did.
And I am so glad that I did.
I was able to share some of my stories about things I have been through, and they were able to share things that they have been through.
It was so great to make friendships with people I never before knew in the time period of only a couple hours.
And because of those new friendships, I am even more excited than I was before to go to Girl's Camp this year!

One more thing that I want to talk about and then I will depart to be with my mommy as she is resting from her surgery ( which went perfectly fine, no worries!)

Pride.
 When someone is prideful, they don't and won't admit it. Not even to themselves.
Pride will be the death of the beholder, sometimes it has to kill you before you can be cured from it.
But just always know, "If you can not humble your self, the Lord will humble you."

Okay, well like I said, I am going to go now. I hope all is well with all those who are reading this! Be sure to keep in touch, there is more to come, as always :)

No comments:

Post a Comment