Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Passion of the Christ

So last night I had the privilege of watching
Passion of the Christ
and even though it creeped me out with its Satan moments,
I think that movie can change lives.
It changed mine.
I am glad tht I finally watched it after years of being told I was too young and too sensitive.
I knew that Christ was beaten with whips, but I did not know the extremity of how badly he was beaten, even though the movie exaggerated it, it is still eye opening to see it rather than to just read about it.
The whole time I was watching him in agony as he was beaten, or as he fell to the ground, or as he was drug around, spat upon, kicked, slapped, ridiculed...
All I could think was...
Why have I ever been so ignorant to sin?
You may say, "Sin happens...every body sins."
But I know that I have sinned in perfect knowledge before that I was making a mistake.
It was so hard to watch the movie and realize "this is for me."
 The whole time I was watching I found that I kept asking myself
"How in the world could Heavenly Father will this?"

But I realized, Jesus Christ had the ability through out the process to stop the pain, to stop the whole thing.
He had the capability to prove his holiness to all those doubting him and lying of his works.
But he knew he was sent for a greater purpose.
He knew this was his purpose.

As he was being beaten, his accusers walked away...
As he was hanging, and left for dead upon the cross, his accusers walked away. 

While the whole experience was so painful for me to watch, In the end...

He was resurrected and his body was perfect.

With only the scars on his hands, feet, and side.. 

He walked out of the tomb.
 And finally, in his words,

"It is done."







No comments:

Post a Comment