Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Stay with me

I was thinking of how horrified I am of being alone in the dark, inside and especially outside.
I am often teased and laughed at for my "phobia" of the dark and what lurks in it at the age of eighteen.
"What are you going to do when you are married?"
"What about when you're at college and surrounded by mountains...people live in the mountains you know."
Well I have thought about this, first off in college, I will force my room mate to get the light hen it is time for bed, and I will have a lamp right next to my bed. As for when I get married? Well my husband will be so very madly in love with me and he will make the sacrifice of turning of the lights every single night for the rest of his life ( I say this in a loving manner of course)
But really, I have a meaning behind the madness of this post.

When Jesus entered into the forest and went unto the Lord in prayer, all he asked was for his disciples to stay awake and wait for him. 
They let him down.
 Not just once either, multiple times.

This story is something very special to me, it always has been.
I do realize that it is highly  illogical for Aliens to come and get me while I am sleeping,
or for someone to be watching me while I slumber (unless I secretly have a Bella type lover in my life then that would be acceptable.)
And while realizing this, I also understand that this story holds an entirely different meaning than the one I find.
But I know the Lord knows my fears, weaknesses, strengths, and comforts.

And I know he knows that this story brings me comfort.

Because, you see, even though the savior was "alone" when his disciples fell asleep when he asked them not to, Heavenly Father was only a beckoning away.
And when Jesus returned to prayer after realizing his followers did not listen to him, the father still remained constant and unwavering in his constant companionship with Jesus Christ.
Never leaving him alone. Even at his weakest moments.


So as everyone may ALWAYS continue to laugh at my fear of the dark, I do know how to get through it with the Lord's help( plus a lamp or flashlight with in reach)...for that is how I do all things.
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment